Mountain of 7 colors or Mountain Vinicunca today has become one of the most visited in the city of Cusco, thanks to its popularity destinations every day earn more than 1500 tourists in high season and off season enter more than 500 domestic tourists foreign.
Today we share the following:
- Mountain of Seven Colors is about 5,100 meters height at the foot of Nevado Ausangate.
- Original name Vinicunca Mountain or Mountain of 7 colors: “Winikunca” original name of two words Quechuas “Wini” “Kunca”, each of the words have meaning, “Wini” by black stones that abounds in the area, “Kunca” means Cuello, by the close of the hill that resembles a neckpiece.
- It was listed by National Geographic: In its short journey in the world of tourism as a new tourist destination was listed by National Geographic magazine as “one of the 100 places to must travel before dying”.
- The road leading to the top of the mountain Vinicunca belongs to the Quechua Culture: On the road leading to the mountain Vinicunca, initially the drovers highland and the villagers knew him as the “Q’olla NaN” or “Camino the Q’ollas “the Q’ollas roamed along this route.
- The Predominant Color Mountain gets depending on the state of the time the weather: if climate is tense colors become more faint or dark, however, if the weather or the state of the day is sunny colors get lighter and appreciable.Full Day Tour To Rainbow Mountain & Red Valley In Cusco – Book Now $42
- Climate Change who discovered the Mountain of Colors: The Meltdown who discovered the mountain Colorida from thousands of years ago was completely covered with snow, and today with global warming reappeared this natural wonder.
- During the drive herds of alpacas, llamas and vicunas are observed as well as an investigation into these places you can also find foxes, skunks, huallatas, partridges, deer, vizcachas, condors and osqollos or cats Field .
- During the trip Pre Inca Andenes are also observed: In the course of small Andean towns is small pre Inca terraces in Pitumarca its archaeological complex Machu Pitumarca, Checacupe Colonial and Colonial Bridge Temple.
- Mountain of 7 colors Mineralogical has immense wealth: As all the mountains have some kind of wealth, the mountain of 7 colors could not be less abundant iron exists in it.
- The landscape reserve of the Mountain of 7 colors is immense: the reserve block area to 15,026 hectares.